Pendulums have mesmerized mankind for centuries.
Their powerful force was first discovered by ancient Chinese Dynasties in 200 B.C. and was used to predict earthquakes by detecting the smallest tremors. Galileo and Sir Isaac Newton studied their properties to keep time, explain the rotation of the earth and understand gravity.
What is a Pendulum and how does it work?
A Pendulum has a weight, called a bob, which is suspended from a fixed pivot point so that it can swing freely. Pendulums swing in an arc determined by the distance from the point of suspension and by the amount of momentum and the force of gravity. Start the pendulum with an initial light push and watch the pendulum swing slowly back and forth into beautiful elliptical loops and whirls. Different start angles provide different patterns. The patterns go from big to smaller then get bigger again as the arc of the pendulum changes. Place it on a table or desk, and witness the beauty and grace of gravity and momentum at work.
A pendulum is a small weight on a string or chain. That’s it.
You can own one of these hand-crafted pieces of art designed by Richard Denchfield, owner of Grand Illusions Pendulums. Treat yourself to an experience of relaxation as you watch the pendulum make peaceful and unique designs in the sand. This beautiful wood sand pendulum tabletop décor is the perfect way to offset the pressures of your busy day.
Or Give The Perfect Gift
The Sand Pendulum is a unique and stylish and accessory that makes a perfect gift. Consider purchasing one for:
- An executive or a boss. The Sand Pendulum is the perfect corporate gift and offers an interesting desktop decorative accent piece, adding style and class to the workspace.
- A unique housewarming present and beautiful tabletop accent which will be sure to be an eye-catching conversation starter.
- Science teachers, educators, schools and parents who will love the hands on learning aspects of the pendulumand the real science that they demonstrate.
- Special occasions such as Birthdays, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Weddings or Christmas. The Sand Pendulum makes an impressive, unforgettable gift.
- Office gifts for professionals such as Accountants, Doctors, Lawyers and Dentists.
- Psychologists and Therapists whose offices and clients will benefit from the relaxed environment that the swaying motion of the sand pendulum creates.
And lastly, they make a perfect gift for children, who love them and are especially attracted to them and captivated by them.